4 Smart Ways to Sell Your Home Fast
Most sellers dream of a quick sale at a good price, but that can be easier said than done. If you are hoping to sell your home this year, keep these tips in mind to help you get the home appraised, listed, and sold quickly so you can move on to your next property.
- Choose the Right List Price. Many sellers feel that it is a good strategy to price their home high so that they have room to come down in negotiations. However, this plan often backfires and scares away otherwise serious buyers.
A better strategy is to look at what other, similar properties have been selling for. Listing your home at market value will be more attractive to potential buyers, encouraging them to make an offer on your home. If you are lucky, you might get a couple of interested buyers that will enter a bidding war. This can drive up the final sale price, netting you at or above your initial asking price.
- First Impressions Matter. When prospective buyers come to see your home, they will form an opinion in the first few minutes. While we do not recommend starting an expensive remodeling project at this stage, there are a few quick things you can do to make your home look its best:
- Steam Clean or Replace Carpets
- Paint the Walls
- New Cabinet Hardware
- Updated Light Fixtures
If you want to spend a little bit more money, the kitchen is the most important room in the house. New kitchen appliances can go a long way towards making your home look as good as new.
- Stage Your Home. Cleaning up your home is great, but it will not matter if the contents of your home are not up to scratch. Start by decluttering your home. Half-empty closets and cabinets will help provide the illusion that your home has ample storage space.
Once your home is free of clutter, make sure that the furniture is arranged in a way that highlights your home’s best aspects. If you are unsure of how to do this, it is not a bad idea to consult a professional.
- Hire an Experienced Agent. An experienced agent can be extremely valuable throughout this whole process. From interacting with potential buyers, helping you choose a list price, and making sure your home is marketed appropriately, your agent can offer advice and helpful tips every step of the way. Studies have even shown that sellers that list without an agent tend to sell their homes for thousands of dollars less when compared to similar properties sold by respected agents.
Whatever your motivation for selling your home quickly, a good real estate agent can help to ensure that your home is shown in the best possible light. If you need advice on selling your Los Altos home, reach out to David and Sunny. We can help you stage, list, and sell your home quickly and with minimal stress. Call us today at 650.489.6251, or send us an email at davidandsunny(at)compass(dotted)com.